Saturday, May 22

Traditions

Do you have any fun family traditions?  Saturdays around here tend to be "let-down-our-hair day" (or should we say pin-it-up day.)   If we aren't engaged with our CBF family, we usually clean the house together, after a traditional breakfast of waffles.

Made from fresh ground wheat and other yummy ingredients, we always look forward to our Saturday waffles. Michael prefers the same, traditional toppings on his waffles every week - peanut butter and maple syrup. (It's an Indiana thing, I think.) I like to try different fruits for my waffle tops. Strawberries and blueberries are two of my favorites but I also like mango and other tropical fare.

Breakfast is over, the house is clean ... now we can let down our hair!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you grind the wheat for your waffles! I also grind wheat at my house, but I use it for making bread.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!