Friday, September 10

Beautifully Dressed Flowers

In between the labors of our ministry I enjoy taking photos of all the beauty God has placed before us here. Today I just want to share a little of that beauty with you.
 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

I believe this is a Frangipani tree.

I think this is called a Monkey Pod tree. Its fuzzy pods gave the overall look quite a flair.  Apparently the bug was enjoying his stay on the tree. I didn't even see the bug until after I took the photo.

The humidity was so thick when I took this picture today that it makes the photo look misty.
One of its beautiful blooms.

The Bird of Paradise are currently blooming.

A native to Florida told me she calls these Firecracker flowers because as a child she would pinch the end of the blooms just before they opened to hear a popping sound.

I believe their actual name is Coral Honeysuckle.
This bush is common here but I cannot find the name of it. It is different from the red flowering bush above; notice these flowers only have four petals, not five, and the leaves are glossy.

These tiny flowers fall off a palm tree near our door. I think they are exquisite.  With almost two hundred varieties of palms, 27 native to Florida, I am no expert on which type of palm tree this flower grows.  Palms bear many types of flowers, berries, dates, and nuts.

Okay -  this guy isn't a flower but caught him on this coral stone today while I was snapping photos.  He is super tiny! (His whole body/tail was no longer than my little finger.) You have to admit, he's pretty cute for being a lizard.

This is either a Plumeria or in the Frangipani family, I am not sure which.

So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.    Matthew 6:28–29

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I love this nature post!! I praise our Creator for the variety and beauty He has placed in our world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!