Friday, March 11

Ladies Missionary Fellowship

This week I had the opportunity to go to central Florida and speak to a special group of women.  Twice a year, some of the churches in Florida gather for the Sunshine Ladies Missionary Fellowship.  There they meet to focus on missions, hear what God is doing on a particular field of ministry, work together to meet a need in a certain part of the world, and fellowship together.

It was such a joy to be with these ladies for the day.  Some, I had met previously along the way while sharing our ministry in various churches over the years and had the joy of renewing friendship with them.  For others, it was our first meeting.  While I had to drive the furthest to be there, (Michael was my chauffeur) many drove more than 200 miles to share in the fellowship and hear what God is doing in Miami.

The project we all contributed to was giving of our resources to build a security wall for some young people in Haiti.  The missionaries who adopted the children when they were young must retire.  The four children (now in their early twenties) will inherit the land, but the home and security wall were badly damaged in the earthquake last year.  The local witch doctor has threatened them once the missionaries leave and so this wall is a necessity and will be a blessing. 

I shared with these sweet ladies in the first session what God has done in my life according to His perfect plan...   "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." Is.55:8-9  In the second session I was able to report what amazing things God is doing in Miami through willing hearts.  I only am carrying on what others have begun in obedience to God before me.  It is such a delight to let God work through me as we serve these in the University.
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!