Thursday, January 19

Seen on Campus

In a prominent place on campus this row of clocks can be seen day and night.


These clocks, with their city boldly proclaimed beneath, are another simple, yet vivid reminder of the mission field swirling around my elbows each day that I walk on campus.  Among the 48,000 students that weave in and out of the classrooms and hallways every day, you can find someone from one of the 130 countries represented at FIU.

After nearly ten years of mixing with the nations, it still astounds me to know I have this privilege (and responsibility) to bring them the Word of Truth.  Many of them are ready to hear. I know however, that I am not guaranteed to have this privilege tomorrow.
The time is now.

Take a minute on your clock to consider the people at your elbows- how are you reaching them?
The time is now.
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. "For He says,
    'In an acceptable time I have heard you,
    And in the day of salvation I have helped you.'
    Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!