Monday, May 14

Desert Entrance

day five:

We left cowboy country this morning in much rain.  They need it, so we were glad for them.  It curtailed my hopes to take a picture of a big Texas Longhorn or huge cattle ranch for you. So, I will leave you with a very authentic pair of Texas cowboy boots.  Wonder what dirt roads they have traveled.


Much of our drive through New Mexico was also under a large storm system that brought much rain.  Once the skies cleared I snapped some pictures for you of our drive through the desert.

Our welcome to New Mexico.


Look at all the amazing colors in the desert.





I know if I could have gotten out and explored on foot I would have found many more colors in the small flowers we could see from the road... purples, yellows, and creams were three prominent colors we noted.


Somewhere in time, someone lived in this solitary house in the middle of nowhere.



Driving further into the desert the rocks were much larger and pale.


The city of Albuquerque suddenly loomed ahead with colorful overpasses, adobe-style houses, and city traffic.




Then, suddenly we were back in the vast desert with miles and miles of open space.


Along a rocky outcropping we spied this church.

One of just a few water towers I saw today.

This beautiful rock mountain was just before the Arizona border.

Our welcome to Arizona-- This year they celebrate 100 years being an official State in the United States of America.

No matter where you live...


Or what type of house you choose to build, America is a great place to call home.

We have just a few hours to drive tomorrow before we reach our destination.  We look forward to our stay in Arizona.

Who knows-- maybe we will even see a jackrabbit!

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the NM landscape! NM is where I was born and lived for the first 4 years if my life so it holds a special place in my heart, despite only having a few select memories of living there and considering myself an Okie.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!