Saturday, September 15

Renewed

God allowed me to attend the ladies retreat (hosted by our church) this weekend.


It was a time for spiritual renewal as we listened to Sallye Jefferson speak to us from the Word.
She challenged us to stretch our faith in adversity-- something of which Sallye personally knows a great deal.


Each of us face trials that need Biblical principles applied to in our own life.
Sallye encouraged us to work out our faith during these trials in obedience, hope, grace, and love, while living out what He is working within us.


 We were blest to hear this mother and daughter sing of the heart's desire to be used of God,

 and to hear the Latin ladies sing Psalm 121

The retreat was a place to bring daughters,


make friends,


fellowship,



practice our games skills,

make memories,

laugh,


 and make crafts.




I had the privilege of teaching ladies how to make these little 'blessing baskets'.

Simple and inexpensive to make, these little baskets, stuffed with a host of possibilities, help us reach out to others and be a blessing to them in small but fun and beautiful ways.


The hot and bright colors were popular among the Latin ladies.

Two of my FIU girls attended with me this year, from China and Nicaragua

The Latin Ladies often bless us at church with music that always points to the Savior.  I speak no Spanish but they always provide the words in English for us few non-Spanish speakers.  Even without reading the words, my heart is often touched by their offering to God in song and worship.

This song, which speaks of praising God in the midst of our trials, was a blessing to me this weekend.  The lady on the left suddenly lost her husband in death three months ago.  To see her praising God through her trial has been an encouragement to me.
(I have included the first section of this song in English for those, like me,who do not know this beautiful language.)

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Latin ladies' singing!

    Elsbeth and I are attending the True Woman Conference in Indianapolis next weekend. I am praying for God to work mightily there among the women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The True Woman Conference was wonderful and heart-reviving! Elsbeth and I got to hear some great speakers: Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Janet Parshall, Joni Eareckson Tada, Mary Kassian, and Priscilla Shirer. We are both thankful that we could attend and learn together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura-
    Thank you for the update. Michael wanted me to go to this conference but was not able to do it. I am so glad Elsbeth was able to attend with you!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!