Thursday, November 1

God's Grace

It has been a very interesting two weeks.  First I was chosen to serve on a jury trial.  Educational, intense, very interesting, but very sad.  It did remind me of dozens of reasons why I am grateful I live in America.  

At the end of the trial I became ill with some bug and haven't been out of the house for eight days.  Frustrating. I could count on one hand how many times I have missed the CBF Bible study in the last ten years; now I have to use both hands. (sigh)  Not being on campus has been hard for me, but I am so grateful that Michael has been able to carry on.                                    God's grace has truly been sufficient for me.  Beside much physical rest, I have had some precious time with Him in the Word.  His ways are best.                                                    Michael tells me that the Bible study has been very well attended in the last three weeks.  We have had many students visit for the first time... and they are continuing to come.  One student is from Syria.                                                                                                                                                               I tried to get Michael to take my camera to campus one day so you could keep up with the students visually.  That is my job; I can understand why he doesn't want to carry around the extra weight. I will pick up the camera again soon enough. 
He has done a good job taking care of me.  I am blessed! 
Sharon
To purchase this photo go to the photo shop

1 comment:

  1. I served on a jury trial many years ago when Elsbeth was a toddler. I did not have a car, but that did not prevent me from being chosen to serve! A county sheriff picked me up every morning, and I would put Elsbeth in her car seat in his vehicle. Then he would take us to my mother-in-law's house. She cared for Elsbeth every day during the trial. At the end of each day, the sheriff would take us back home. The jury I was on found a man guilty of drug dealing and he was sent to prison. The trial lasted for over a week! It was certainly an interesting experience!

    I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill and housebound, Sharon. I am praying that you will be out and about and back to your ministries on campus soon, God willing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!