Monday, February 4

Let it Be Me

While walking across the campus today


I passed the Cyprus trees growing in the midst of 'Turtle Pond'.


The the Bottle Brush bushes draped their fuzzy heads over the ripples in the water.


Sitting in a Cyprus tree was an Anhinga


cleaning his wet feathers after fishing.


His tail was rather long-- his bright feet peeking through the branches.


His hair-do... well, what can you expect on a breezy day?


But it is the students on campus that capture my attention the most. I look at their eyes-- their posture-- and wonder if they have ever heard the Gospel Story.


As I sat on a bench, I watched the squirrels play and eat in the drying grass next to a building under construction.
 

The barriers and construction fences posed no difficulty for them; only providing a new highway to get dinner home




for themselves and their young.


But who will cross the barriers to tell these students about the Bread of Life?


I often see these blooms in the tall grass here on campus but I do not know its name.


Nor do I know the name of this beautiful creation of God.
             Does she know about You, Lord?


When I see the massive streams of students I am often reminded that I simply cannot reach all 50,000 of them.


But each one can reach one.
          Lord, let it be me.



For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? 
and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?
and how shall they hear without a preacher? 
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? 
as it is written, 
How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace,
and bring glad tidings of good things!


Romans 10:13–15

Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you used your nature photography to transition to the message of your ministry desires! You and Mike have "beautiful feet".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's precious to see your love for people who may perish without the Savior. Makes me think of Jesus and how he noticed people and sought them out. What an honor it is to serve him! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!