Saturday, March 16

Rose Marie

I had the privilege of spending some time with Rose Marie today
... or better known to those who love her--   'Rosie'.


She lives just a few doors down from me,
 and we have been good friends for five years.


We spent some time chatting today while I snapped a few photos.
She has recently celebrated her 90th birthday 
and we thought a few photos would be fitting.



Rosie and I can talk about anything and everything.
She loves to tell me about her life history 
and the latest news around our neighborhood;
I love to tell her about Jesus.


Rosie loves to tend to her plants and show me her latest blooms;
I love to tell her about the True Vine and the Lily of the Valley.


She is starting to slow down a wee bit --though she still drives, 
teaches swimming lessons, goes to Mass, 
and a variety of other activities to keep herself busy.


Pray for the Light of the glorious Gospel to 
open Rosie's darkened mind while there is still time.


 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, 
who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge 
of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 
II Cor. 4:6

Sharon


   ** to see more photos of Rosie go to my photography shop and choose 'portraits'.

1 comment:

  1. Rosie's face is full of character, and your photo portraits of her are like windows into her life. I am praying that she will experience the new birth before she meets her Maker!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!