Monday, April 29

Look Up

I have taken many photos of palm trees
                               (that would be an understatement).
I especially love to watch their swaying fronds from a distance, waving in the tropical breezes.  The wind creates wild, new hairdo's on these graceful ladies.


Curiosity got a hold of my shutter finger though.   Have you ever wondered what was underneath all that beautiful palm hair?
Stand at the base of a palm tree and look up.  Be careful-- you just might get an eye full of sunshine!


If you dodge the tropical sun rays streaming through the fronds, you can get a better look at the beauty hidden there.


The different shapes and colors of seeds remind me of a kaleidoscope.


A house guest once asked me, "Why do they paint the tops of the palm tree trunks?"  
I replied, "They don't paint them... but God does."  :)



If you look closely you just might find a little green guy, scurrying up the trunk trying to get in the 'safe zone' that matches his own coloring.


No need to be alarmed-  he wants to get away from you more than you want to run from him!


My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; 
In the morning I will direct it to You, 
And I will look up. 
Psalm 5:3

Keep looking up!

Sharon

7 comments:

  1. I love Palm Trees also :) Enjoy your post.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I have enjoyed keeping up with your family and what God is doing in your life. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never seen a palm tree, except in photographs. And even then, I don't think I've ever seen the fascinating and striking beauty UNDERNEATH the fronds! What a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could share these with you! With more than 200 types of palm trees, they don't all look exactly the same underneath. And the seeds are different too... coconuts, dates, etc.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I've never seen the underside of a palm tree. What a wonderful surprise! Great job in capturing the details! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our awesome God's handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, what a beautiful series! You've given me a fresh view of the amazing color and variety of these trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!