Thursday, May 16

One Gulf Sunset

I never tire of looking at the sea.

   
"Bless the LORD, O my soul! 
 O LORD my God, You are very great: 
You are clothed with honor and majesty, 


You who laid the foundations of the earth, 
So that it should not be moved forever, 
 You covered it with the deep as with a garment; 
The waters stood above the mountains. 
At Your rebuke they fled; 
 At the voice of Your thunder they hastened away. 
They went up over the mountains; 
They went down into the valleys, 
 To the place which You founded for them. 
 You have set a boundary that they may not pass over, 
 That they may not return to cover the earth."

Psalm 104:1, 5–9




Whether gently coming in to the edge of its boundary


or splashing in with gusto,


each wave brings treasure...


to hear, feel, smell, to behold.


And, like these gathered on the pier,waiting for the nightly setting of the sun, 


I never tire of the majesty of the daily, orderly behavior 
of the big, fiery ball God spoke into being,
whether it sets over land or sea.


Knowing that the skies in other parts of the world 
are still bright blue, or already black, is beyond my comprehension.



But then-- 
the One who carefully made this all
is greater than my mind can ever comprehend.



And so, as I observed many on the pier clapping their hands
as another day slipped behind the horizon,
I couldn't help but say in my heart,
"Good job, God! that was perfectly awesome!"


       
 Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! 
 Shout to God with the voice of triumph! 
Psalm 47:1

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and worshipful post. I look at those pictures and I want to be there to soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful I had the camera so you could enjoy it too.

      Delete
  2. This is one of the most lovely and meaningful posts I've ever been blessed by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!