Tuesday, September 10

At Peace

We arrived on campus today in the heat of the day.


 I passed this 'monument to peace' (in 16 different languages) but it only served as a reminder that most of the 50,000 students running around on campus know nothing of true peace.

          That is why we come.


We joined MissE for lunch.
Thank God she has come to know the Peace-Giver.


After lunch I met with some FIU Staff who are still pursuing their own way of finding peace.

Then I found Michael and a student engaging in Cuban coffee culture- 
sharing a small cup of strong coffee that is poured into several, even tinier cups.
Chatting in between sips of this potent brew is the highlight of the day.


This dear girl joined us at the literature table for a spell.



By then, the wild rains had come and gone; 
the humidity had made new hairdo's for most of us; 
and we gathered for the group Bible study.  
Fourteen attended today, including "Hollis" from China.


We took one student home before we finally made the full circle to our own home.
Hot, tired, but content, that several more people today heard of the Prince of Peace.

Peace I leave with you, 
My peace I give to you; 
not as the world gives do I give to you.
 Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27

Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked at myself, that I have gotten so behind in reading your blog, Sharon! I am going to get all caught up as soon as I can! I think becoming a grandma has made me absent--minded, for some reason! I have NOT forgotten about you and Mike though, and I've been praying for you as you go through your transition time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a Grandma is a great privilege... no need for apologies.
      Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we welcome your visit to our blog!